Build Recruitment are working with the NHS looking for a Maintenance Operative with a plumbing bias on an NHS contract in Sidcup. This is a temp to perm contract paying £16 p/h and on a conversion to perm will be up to £32,000
- Responsible for planned, preventative and responsive maintenance. Works could include leak detection/repair, replacement pipeworks, water temperature checks, plant room/boiler room checks, flushing, servicing and/or replacement of thermostatic mixer valves, water sampling. There is a multi skilled element though so candidates happy to get involved with other general building maintenance works as well.
- Previous NHS/Healthcare experience would be useful, but all other commercial experience will be considered.
- There is no van provided but the candidate will need to have a full UK driving license, held for minimum 1 year, no more than 6 points and not been banned within the past 3 years.
- The position will also be subject to a DBS check (Standard Level) Would you be able to ask them to declare any unspent/spent convictions please?
- Qualifications: Plumbing Level 2 would be beneficial or time served
- Salary: £16p/h. On conversion to perm salary up to £32k plus they will then be on call and receive and allowance and overtime. On call roughly 1 in every 4 weeks. £75 per week standby when on-call, overtime paid for a minimum of 2 hours per call out at time and a half or double time if a Sunday or Bank Holiday.
- Working hours are 40 per week, Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm.
- 25 days holiday plus option to purchase up to an additional 5 days.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.