Roofer + Roofers mate
Covering High Wycombe
£32,000 – £34,000 – Roofer
£25,000 – £27,000 – Roofers mate
Roofer working within social housing
What you’ll be doing
- To undertake the correct diagnosis and method of responsive maintenance to achieve a ‘first time fix’ and outstanding customer satisfaction
- Contribute to and use the criteria and scope for responsive repairs to maximise use of the available expenditure
- Determine the scope of replacement and/or improvement works to maximise use of the available expenditure
- To work in line with the Clients operating principles for Responsive Maintenance, liaising with customers and/or colleagues to promote a culture of continuous improvement
- To adopt a flexible approach to work, undertaking and promoting work within a multi-trade environment to avoid duplication and hand-offs to other front line staff
- Contribute to and comply with all statutory legislation, licences and accreditations including the relevant Safety Management System applicable to Responsive Maintenance
- Contribute to and comply with all relevant environmental, waste management and monitoring arrangements.
- The correct and proper use of all relevant mechanical and non-mechanical plant & equipment including fleet vehicles, tools, work wear, PPE and other relevant equipment
- Periodic monitoring and basic maintenance of the relevant fleet vehicles as required by the Fleet Co-ordinator
- Contribute to the development of a core range of materials, consumables and individual vehicle stocks to meet the demands of the responsive maintenance service
- Contribute to and use the relevant mobile working solution for job allocation, data transfer and collection
- To adopt a flexible responsive maintenance service between the core working hours (currently Monday to Friday 8.00am – 6.00pm) and an out of hours service at all other times
- To provide a high level of customer service at all times, behaving in a respectful, courteous and polite manner to internal and external customers when representing the Client.
- To promote additional services, and other initiatives as appropriate, within the team and to customers where appropriate.
- Advising tenants on building related matters and to assist them in the safe running of their home.
- Liaise with Customer Services staff on safeguarding issues.
- To follow the Group’s equal opportunities policies and practices and promote cultural diversity across all aspects of the team’s work.
- To undertake and contribute to a competence based framework through specific training and development initiatives
- To carry out other duties commensurate with the nature of the Multi-skilled Operative as directed by the Repairs Field Manager
- In addition to being a qualified roofer, the post holder must clearly demonstrate key competencies in multi-skill general building tasks including brickwork, paving, fencing and gates, unblocking drains and any associated groundworks deemed appropriate by the Repairs Field Manager.
What you’ll need
- Qualified to a minimum NVQ Level 2 Roofing or at least 3 years roofing experience
- An minimum of 3 years of working a built environment
- Evidence of delivering first class customer service in voids / responsive maintenance.
- Evidence of achieving targets such as right first time and quality of workmanship.
- Competency in Void and General Building works
- Competency in multi-skills, including brickwork, paving, fencing and gates, unblocking drains and associated groundworks.
- Good communication skills
- Diagnosing and prioritising specific work activities and tasks
- Ability to work as part of a team by sharing knowledge & experience in order to gain clear results
- Mobile working through job allocation and data transfer via ICT (hand-held device etc.)
- Knowledge of construction related Health, Safety & Welfare legislation
- Full Driving Licence
Please call Ryan Smart at Build Recruitment
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.