Property Services Surveyor
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Building Surveyor to join an expanding team within one of the longest-established housing providers in London and the South East. If you are a degree-qualified (or equivalent) Surveyor with experience in social housing and are looking for a new role where you will benefit from flexible hybrid working and a generous compensation package, we’d love to hear from you.
As a experienced Property Services Surveyor you will cover a range of surveying works across the housing portfolio, including planned maintenance, voids, damp and mould and other specialist projects as required. This will include:
- Delivery of a high-quality maintenance surveying service through the provision of professional technical advice, project and contractor management.
- Manage assigned cases from start-to-finish, ensuring stakeholders and databases are kept regularly updated.
- Ensure budget responsibilities are met, feeding into forecasting and efficiency plans as required.
- Carry out pre-inspections and building surveys to identify defects, prepare detailed reports, specifications and cost estimates where necessary to ensure appropriate remedial works are undertaken in line with current and applicable regulations.
- Provide technical advice on building defects and diagnosis, including the day-to-day responsive repair service, as well as post-repair inspections to help better manage contractors.
- Attend and give evidence in court in cases where building regulations have been breached and as expert witnesses on building defects.
The successful applicant to the role of Building Surveyor will be degree-qualified (or equivalent), ideally with an appropriate professional membership, and will have solid property / building maintenance surveying experience within a social housing environment. You will have in-depth knowledge of Schedule of Rates (SOR) and methods of measurement, with experience in achieving and ensuring Value for Money. You will be able to work independently and manage your time to work on site as required, attending the office 1-2 days per week. In addition, you will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent IT skills and experience in preparing and delivering persuasive, high quality, written and verbal reports and presentations and technical reports.
If you meet the criteria above and would like to work for an evolving housing provider where you will be supported to further expand your skillset and develop your career, please apply today for immediate interview.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.