Building Surveyor, Building inspector, property Surveyor
Job Title: Property Surveyor
Location: Oxford | Job type: Permanent
Salary: £45,000 – £47,000 | Contact: Jack Mullett
Job ref: 28068 | Start date: ASAP
To provide excellent front line customer service by working in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to ensure our customers’ needs are met and the departmental/team objectives are achieved.
This role will be within the wider Surveying Team and will ensure the operational delivery of the service including Specialist Works, Professional Services and other programmes / projects.
You will be joining one of the UK’s leading housing associations with a vision to improve people’s lives through high quality homes and services.
Day to Day:
- To carry out pre-inspections and building surveys to identify defects including preparation of detailed reports, specifications and cost estimates where necessary to ensure the appropriate remedial works are undertaken, to ensure effective and appropriate repair solution ensuring all current and applicable regulations are complied with.
- Provide technical advice on building defects and diagnosis to the organisation, including the day-to-day responsive repair service, as well as, from time to time, carrying out post inspections of repairs to help better manage our contractors
- To work in collaboration with other departments to ensure that a seamless service is delivered to customers and that key performance indicators are met.
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills.
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity.
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
- To ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to so that consistent and standard practice is achieved across the organisation.
- Extensive experience of building surveying and specific experience of building maintenance, preferably within a social housing context.
- Experience in managing an extensive, complex and varying caseload, with projects from inception to completion.
Requirements (Skills & Qualifications):
- Degree in Building Surveying or similar technical qualification (HND HNC)
- Professional Membership (preferred)
Please apply or contact Jack Mullett at Build Recruitment for further details
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.