£38-42k (Monday – Friday, 39 hours per week)
We are currently recruiting an Mechanical Supervisor to wrok client direct to lead a small team of Engineers on a public sector contract based in Woking, Surrey.
The Mechanical Supervisor will have responsibility and ownership of the service delivery of the contract, providing line management to a team of Technicians whilst maintaining a proactive customer interface to ensure a high standard of both service delivery and customer care.
The successful Mechanical Supervisor could be someone with experience of supervising a team of engineers in a maintenance / building services environment or looking for that step up into a M&E Supervisors role but have a Mechanical & Electrical background themselves.
The Mechanical Supervisor will be client facing, be competent in raising quotes, managing sub-contractors and generating operation reports.
Responsibilities for the Mechanical Supervisor
- Lead the team in provision of excellent service delivery by monitoring service performance, taking corrective action when necessary and escalating as appropriate.
- Provide first line management and leadership to contract dedicated team, setting team objectives and individual performance management reviews
- Monitor completion of PPM and reactive work through concept, analysis of Work in Progress (WIP) reporting and liaison with the helpdesk.
- Ensure compliance with statutory controls across all technical areas of expertise
- Carry out tool box talks with Engineers in team as prescribed by the SHEQ department.
- Carry out sub contractor quotations and produce quotes for any small works required on site.
- Where required use extensive Technical Knowledge assisting Engineers on Fault Finding & Diagnostics.
- Completing all required documentation, job sheets and certificates.
- Assist in the production of monthly operations report
Requirements for the M&E Supervisor
- Experience working as a Supervisor probably as Multi-Skilled Technician, experienced in a commercial setting carrying out PPM’s
- Capable of Supervising Reactive Repairs and Small Projects.
- Experienced in Statutory & Mandatory Compliance Maintenance Records / Certification and uploading onto Service Systems.
- Completed a recognised Mechanical OR Electrical Apprenticeship (Preferred not Essential)
- NVQ Level 2-3 in Mechanical or Electrical (Mechanical Discipline e.g. Heating and Ventilating 6018) OR City and Guilds (Mechanical Discipline) OR Electrical equivalent
- Worked on various manufacturers systems, skilled in a Mechanical &/or Electrical Discipline carrying out PPM’s in line with SFG20 or equivalent, with advanced fault finding diagnostic experience.
- Safe systems of Work Procedure – PTW, RAMS, etc.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.