£40k – 51k
Build Recruitment are working with a leading contractor to source a Project Manager based in Wool, Dorset. The Project Manager will be responsible for managing a number of projects across all RIBA stages, with typical project values ranging £25k – £4m.The Project Manager will also act as the Project Lead, managing on-site contractors and client’s consultants, ensuring timely delivery of Planned and Reactive Projects across the site. Type of projects will vary across Building, M&E, and Civils (minor works). This will include refurb, relocation, electrical, UPS and Fire project related work.
As Project Manager you’ll work on a wide range of new projects within the construction sector. You can be working on several projects at any one time dependent upon the scale and complexity of the project. In this highly varied and interesting role you will be developing new project from the start all the way until sign off. As site manager is employed to oversee the works once started on site who will liaise with you on a weekly basis with updates. Projects vary and one day you could be dealing with a new roof on a building, refurbishment of staff accommodation to modular new builds and full brand-new building construction. Reporting into a Senior Project Manager for the Billable Works team you’ll be responsible for the planning, management, coordination, and financial control of projects, ensuring the appropriate governance is applied. You’ll ensure the project lifecycle is maintained at all stages and completed on time, within budget and ensure that agreed objectives & KPI’s are achieved.
Job Duties for Project Manager
- Oversee the effective, compliant and timely delivery of Billable Works in accordance with Regulatory and Statutory undertakings, complying with all Health & Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Monitor Supply Chain work teams to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks and ensure that all operatives have appropriate vehicles, equipment and skills to perform relevant tasks.
- Monitor Supply Chain service delivery, quality and safe working to ensure all performance indicators are consistently achieved.
- Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard
- Confer with local representatives, the Local Customer Service Representative and the relevant Site Manager to agree scope & priorities of Billable Works on a regular basis.
- Ensure appropriate work plans and budgets are in place to achieve programmes and financial commitments, whilst meeting the changing operational need.
- Comply with the agreed system of reporting of the physical and financial progress of Billable Works, including planned milestone payments.
- Manage cost and stakeholder expectation through excellent communication and sound commercial decisions to ensure value for money.
- Work with all stakeholders to support the management and mitigation of contract risk.
- Contribute to the production of IEMPS, ESTS, FASP and ESR across the establishments within area of responsibility
- It is essential that applicants have a qualification in a Building/Civil Engineering or Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience of NEC and JCT forms of contract is essential
- Possessing IOSH or equivalent qualification and previous use of CAFM (Maximo) applications is desirable.
- My client is looking for a well organised and thorough Project Managers who possess excellent communication skills, high level stakeholder management experience and who demonstrate a collaborative style of working.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.