Multiskilled shift engineer
Job Title: Multiskilled Engineer – Nights Shift
Location: Liverpool Street, City of London
Job Type: Permanent
Due to continued growth and success, Build Recruitment are working with a market leading property & FM Service Provider looking for a fabric engineer to join their successful team. This is a permanent opportunity where you will be valued and given the chance to progress on one of their corporate contracts which are expanding. This role as a multiskilled engineer is working night shifts only 7pm – 7am.
The successful candidate will be required to work on site working on a 5 on 4 off, 5 on 5 off, 4 on 5 off shift pattern starting at 19:00 working 12 hour shifts. For this opportunity you must have experience in both mechanical and electrical engineering (multiskilled) eitherMechanical or Electrical qualifications with experience in the other. You will be working alongside other engineer’s at times ensuring all planned and reactive works are carried out. It is important that you have experience doing maintenance previously in a M&E engineer role / multiskilled technician role and are comfortable working closely with clients under pressure.
- Identify and manage the risks to the client through the equipment on site, including updating drawings, identifying critical spares, improving performance of machinery, improving and implementing the preventative maintenance program
- Using new equipment and technologies to maintain a working production environment liaising with the client on any requests for certain machinery PPM’s
- Fault finding on all types of Machinery
- Write and follow Risk Assessments and be available to question any issues which arise from them safely and accurately
- Completion of the required documentation as specified with the requirements of all rules and legislation
- Work on Three Phase Systems with Voltages up to 440V
- Working on Motors, Gearboxes, Valves encompassing Hydraulic, Pneumatic and Electrical Systems
- Use Mobile Devices to accurately project and complete any works from the CAFM Maintenance System
- Use of emailing / calendars to plan your daily work requirements so that all tasks are completed effortlessly and efficiently.
- Liaise with onsite Site Services to manage any Building Services related issues, responding confidently and accurately as required
- To be the responsible person when required for the department and deputise the Shift Leader during annual leave or sickness
- To work overtime as and when the business requires, this may include days and weekends to which notice may not always be given
- A Recognised or Time Served Apprenticeship
- Strong proven experience in maintenance
- Electrical Competences / Qualifications to a minimum or equivalent to City and Guilds 236 Pt 1-2 Electrical qualifications to 17th Edition OR Mechanical Competences / Qualifications to an acceptable standard to City and Guild’s Mechanical
- Good multi skilled ability
- Experience working on 3 phase motors, drives and inverters
- Hydraulic / Pneumatic Experience
- Ability to fault find
- PLC Diagnostics / Repair Competencies
- NVQ Qualifications to Level 2, Electrical or Mechanical
- Ability to supervise contractors
- Able to write Risk and Method Statements
- Able to understand and write Permits
Interviews for this opportunity as a multiskilled shift engineer are taking place in May 2023 – Please reach out to Ruby.Skinner@buildrec.com if you have any further questions.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.