Job Title: Fabric Engineer – Nights Shift
Location: Liverpool Street, City of London
Job Type: Permanent
Due to continued growth and success, Build Recruitment are working with a market leading property & FM Service Provider looking for a fabric engineer to join their successful team. This is a permanent opportunity where you will be valued and given the chance to progress on one of their corporate contracts which are expanding. This role as a fabric engineer is working night shifts only 7pm – 7am.
The successful candidate will be required to work on site working on a 5 on 4 off, 5 on 5 off, 4 on 5 off shift pattern starting at 19:00 working 12 hour shifts. You will be working alongside a multiskilled engineer ensuring all planned and reactive works are carried out. It is important that you have experience doing maintenance previously in a fabric engineer role / handy man role / fabric technician role and are comfortable working closely with clients under pressure.
- Respond to reactive works within the team
- Ensure maintenance tasks are completed within agreed timescales
- Liaise with Clients representatives with respect to maintenance & repair tasks
- Undertake site surveys & produce Works Requests, Method Statements & Risk Assessments for planned works
- Repairs floor and wall coverings
- Responsible for ceiling tile repairs and replacements
- Responsible for other building and installation works as required
- Accountable for lighting, general lamp changes, Filter Changes AHU’s / FCU’s and Basic Plumbing requirements
- Utilise PDA to complete works, key communications & updates
- Complete reactive, PPM jobs & projects in a timely manner
- Undertake minor projects works
- Ensure all works are carried out safely and in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Regulations
- In addition to the above duties you will be expected to undertake all reasonable tasks as directed by the Technical Services Manager
- Previous Fabric, Carpentry experience
- Experience of working in high profile work environment
- City & Guilds or NVQ Equivalent in carpentry (Desirable)
- Current UKL driver’s license
- PC literate
- Good Customer relationship skills
- Understand and interpret technical drawings/instructions / processes
- Able to organise self to manage assigned tasks, determine material requirements.
- Experience of H & S procedures & requirements. COSHH, Working at Heights, Risk Assessment etc
- Health & Safety Qualified i.e. IOSH and/or NEBOSH
- Must be willing to work over & above contractual hours
Interviews for this opportunity as a fabric engineer are taking place in May 2023 – Please reach out to Ruby.Skinner@buildrec.com if you have any further questions.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.