Charter Building Surveyor (Housing Disrepair)
Senior Building Surveyor, SE London/Kent. We are seeking a Chartered Hosuing Disrepair Surveyor (MRICS) for an award-winning, multi-disciplinary building and property consultancy.
Why this opportunity?
- An award winning Chartered Surveyor’s Practice providing a multi disciplinary property consultancy
- We remain committed to our roots in building surveying, quantity surveying and project management, but are firmly established specialists in Public Procurement Consultancy, Health and Safety Consultancy, Strategic Asset Management including stock condition surveys and asset performance appraisal, Stock Rationalisation Agency, Fire Safety Consultancy and Energy Efficiency including retrofit advice
- We are highly respected within the social housing sector which is a our core area of business
- Our ethos centres on fostering long-term strategic relationships with our clients by attracting and retaining the best quality personnel and maintaining a steadfast commitment to excellent service delivery
- We maintain many professional memberships and accreditations and in 2019 secured the Investors in People Gold, testament to the value we place on staff training, development and wellbeing
- We also have quantity surveying, CDM Principal Designer and Procurement teams to provide a comprehensive service to our Clients.
- Continued growth through the last three years despite the challenges of covid
The role is initially primarily for the provision of housing disrepair reports and handling party wall matters under the Party Wall etc Act 1996.
Housing disrepair is a significant and increasing role in the practice. The right candidate will have ambition to lead these services, reporting to the Equity Partner.
What you will be doing
- Housing disrepair – inspection for and issue of expert reports
- Party wall matters – acting as building owner’s surveyor, adjoining owner’s surveyor or agreed surveyor under the Party Wall etc Act 1996
- Identifying and analysing building defects including where necessary detailed investigations
- Condition reports
- Other building surveying services as required
- Actively pursuing new business opportunities with existing and new clients through effective networking.
- Keeping up to date with technical and legal changes
- Supporting the Equity Partner in the development and growth of the housing disrepair and party wall services’ provision.
- Assisting and training other surveyors as required.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by a member of the management team.
What you will bring
- MRICS qualfied Chartered Building Surveyor
- Experience and interest in defects’ diagnosis
- Ability to convey well informed and structured recommendations through both oral and written communication.
- Ability to monitor and manage follow up actions in line with agreed timescales, keeping all parties informed. Competence required with IT software including excel and word.
- Proactive attitude, taking responsibility for your own time management; working towards overall project timescales and potentially tight deadlines
- A team player – take accountability for your work, sharing your lessons learnt and wins with the wider team
For futher infomation, please contact Danny at Build Recruitment; firstname.lastname@example.org / 07756 401156
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.