Barking / Themsemead
Fully WFH / Site
Maternity Cover for 1 Year, with a potential job at the end.
Our team is presently collaborating with a with a leading managing agent to recruit a Facilities Manager in the Barking and Themsemead area. We are seeking a driven individual who is eager to grow and has a substantial background in a Facilities Manager position, particularly within a facilities company.
The client is looking for an experienced Facilities Manager to be responsible for the management of the working environment, services, equipment and processes and to support the effective running of the business premises. This is a multi-disciplinary, strategic role covering a range of activities which together provide a safe and efficient working environment. The post holder will have 9-10 properties, in and around Essex and Kent. The role would be mostly working from home with trips to the office within London every quarter.
Day to Day
- Ensure all aspects of the Facilities Management functions are being performed satisfactorily and are maintained to a high standard and in accordance with the Client’s policies and all relevant legislation across all sites.
- To promote the highest standards of business ethos and strategically ensuring the most effective use of resources in support of business objectives.
- Arrange works with suppliers and contractors, organising planned and reactive support as required.
- Responsible for the statutory compliance of required regulations and ensuring all records are kept up to date and ready for inspection by our client, or any other professional body.
- Measure all service activities against recognised standards and propose appropriate and proportionate improvements to meet existing and future requirements
- Solid experience in FM within a professional environment, with at least 3 years at a Manager level experience within a corporate setting
- Quantifiable track record of contractor management (property maintenance, facilities management, catering services) in a multi-site commercial property environment.
- The ability to communicate effectively and professionally with colleagues, contractors and key stakeholders.
- Leadership skills with proven experience of leading, supporting and mentoring teams
- Relevant Health and safety Qualification (IOSH / NEBOSH)
- Must be Customer Focused, with a strong drive to deliver 5 star Facilities Services
- Previous experience within a managing agent
Please apply or contact Elliot Cariss Smith at Build Recruitment if the role of Facilities Manager is something of interest.
We’ll take the time to understand your career history and motivations for a new role. We’ll also take references and may ask for proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
We work with a wide variety of clients in the public and private sector, and we will work with you to identify clients in which your skills, experience and personality will fit. Once we submit you for a role you will receive support and regular communication throughout the interview process.
From there our commitment to you is all about being your career partner. We’ll identify suitable jobs, provide support, and career guidance and even provide regular salary benchmarking.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.