Site Quality Engineer
Site Quality Engineer – Plymouth
To make sure that work is carried out to standards, specification, and schedule and that the correct materials and workmanship are used; ensuring the customer is given quality work and value for money. Functional Line Manager will be Quality Manager / Head of Assurance.
Day to day:
- You will deliver ITP and QMP for the areas of work below:
- Review signed ITP Actions for each work package within the project.
- Transpose actions to program dates required and relay to site team.
- Maintain and progress dates of actions to team office site boards.
- Closely liaise with the Site & Project Managers the above actions from the
- Organise and communicate with the client, VSL & TA’s site team, and with client team sign off Hold Points, Actions Document Reviews, and any ITP Interventions.
- Keep thorough records and audit trail of all those persons involved in sign off and approval.
- Provide all records noted to the Quality Document Engineer.
- Review LTQR Index’s and ensure sub-contractor provides all required documentation is provided to the client in advance of delivery to site for materials and ongoing provision and sign off as work progress’s through to completion.
- Monitor work package progress to ensure whole team is aware of up and coming quality issues in relation to moving on to next stage.
- Reporting as necessary to the Site Managers Project Managers and Quality Manager.
- Feed ongoing updates to the weekly Project Team Meeting and Monthly Internal meeting via the Quality Manager.
Requirements (Skills & Qualifications):
- Trained Internal or Lead Auditor to ISO 9001 (desirable)
- Have a wide understanding of the industry, including knowledge of materials, trades, methods and legal requirements.
- Excellent working knowledge of industry techniques
- Good knowledge of relevant Health, Safety & Environmental requirements
- Some knowledge of risk management (desirable)
- This position requires someone with 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Quality qualification preferrable
- Ideally have worked within an MoD or nuclear environment
- Experience of handling the full scope of quality documentation for Quality Plans, ITPs and LTQR documentation within a project.
- This role is also subject to security clearance.
An exciting long term role with a busy contractor in Plymouth
Please apply or contact Raquel Coggins at Build Recruitment – SouthWest for further details.
We’ll take the time to understand your career history and motivations for a new role. We’ll also take references and may ask for proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
We work with a wide variety of clients in the public and private sector, and we will work with you to identify clients in which your skills, experience and personality will fit. Once we submit you for a role you will receive support and regular communication throughout the interview process.
From there our commitment to you is all about being your career partner. We’ll identify suitable jobs, provide support, and career guidance and even provide regular salary benchmarking.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.