Health & Safety Manager
Health & Safety Manager
Bristol or Exeter – Southwest role
Start ASAP – offering competitive salary and package
Build Recruitment provides specialist recruitment services, supplying quality candidates on a temporary or permanent basis to leading organisations throughout the built environment – from executive to operative level.
With offices in London, Manchester and the Southwest, we specialise in Housing, Construction, Facilities Management, Property, Surveying, Health & Safety and Sales. We supply candidates from executive to operative level, and are currently working with a renewable energy contractor, who are looking for a SHEQ Manager based in Southwest.
Our client a renewable energy contractor are looking to recruit a SHEQ Manager to their team in the South West. Location can be flexible in Devon or Bristol. Reporting to the Directors, this role is accountable for managing Health, Safety, Environment and Quality across all locations in the UK.
The SHEQ Manager will support the company in the operation of company systems covering the effective management of quality, health, safety and environment.
Day to Day:
- Provide proactive support and guidance to the company on compliance and statutory requirements and company standards.
- Respond to requests for advice from Colleagues and external agencies
- Undertaking Risk assessments relating to SHEQ as required.
- Ongoing management of ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001 processes and systems
- Chair monthly H&S meetings and undertake company briefings as and when required.
- Updating and managing existing company SHEQ systems and records.
- Proactively work with operational teams
- Undertaking monitoring and auditing of company sites.
- Responsible for ensuring effective close out of corrective actions raised, open incident reports, and significant site issues.
- Liaising with authorities and external agencies as required.
- Keep up to date with legislation and best practices in the industry.
- Raise awareness on SHEQ and sustainability issues through toolbox talks and briefings, site inspections and audits.
- Comply with all Health, Safety, HR and Environmental policies and procedures
- Completing all documentation for ongoing accreditations such as MCS, NIC
Requirements (Skills & Qualifications):
- H&S Qualification – NEBOSH or IOSH
- Construction or Telecoms experience
- Full driving licence
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Works well with a team.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Possesses good computer skills.
- Full time hours
- Flexible working location
- Hours worked over Monday to Friday
- Car or allowance on offer
- Continuous training via the companies in house training academy
Please apply or contact Kirsty Rutlidge at Build Recruitment for further details.
We’ll take the time to understand your career history and motivations for a new role. We’ll also take references and may ask for proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
We work with a wide variety of clients in the public and private sector, and we will work with you to identify clients in which your skills, experience and personality will fit. Once we submit you for a role you will receive support and regular communication throughout the interview process.
From there our commitment to you is all about being your career partner. We’ll identify suitable jobs, provide support, and career guidance and even provide regular salary benchmarking.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.